Monday, September 8, 2008
I really like this song that happen to be Jose Mari Chan's all time favorite it seems to fit in the situation that I am into right now..
I never felt like this,
for once I'm lost for words
your smile has really thrown me...
this is not like me at all
I never thought I'd known
the kind of love you'd shown me...
Now, no matter where I am
no matter what I do
I see your face appearing
Like an unexpected song and
Unexpected song that we are only hearing..
I don't know whats going on?
can't work it out at all
whatever made you choose me...
I just can't believe my eyes
you look at me as though
You couldn't bear to lose me...
Isn't it amazing what love could to a person involved in it.. Heheh! I know I am one of those hopeless in love... But what could I do I FALL IN LOVE....
I LOVE U LABS!!! Muah!!
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Diabetes is the fastest growing non-infectious diseasein the world. For every person who has diabetes there is another person who has it and doesn't know.
If you tick one or more of the boxes below you are at risk of Type 2 Diabetes.
- I am over 55 years of age....
- I am over 45 years of age AND I am overweight...
- I am over 45 years of age AND I have an immediate family with Type 2 diabetes....
- I am over 45 years of age AND I have high blood pressure...
- I am over 35 years AND I am from Aboriginal, Torres Strait Island, Pacific Island, or Chinese culturl background.....
- I have heart disease or have had a heart attack.....
- I had diabetes when I was pregnant ( gestational diabetes )...
- I have impaired glocuse tolerance ( IGT ) or impaired fasting glocuse ( IFG )....
- I have polycystic ovary syndrome AND I am overweight...
DON"T IGNORE DIABETES
Diabetes is a serious health condition. There is no cure. If left untreated it can cause heart attack, stroke, kidney failure, blindness, amputation, and erectile dysfunction.
If diagnosed early, diabetes can be effectively managed and the risk of serious health problems greatly reduced.
Type 2 diabetes, the most common form of diabetes, can be successfully managed or even prevented by maintaining a healthy weight, engaging in regular physical activity and having healthy eating patterns.
HOW DO YOUR EATING HABITS WEIGH UP?
Think about your eating habits. Be honest with yourself! Check if you agree with the statement.
- I rarely cook with fats or oils and when I do I always use olive oil or canola based oils.
- I eat fried potato ( french fries ) less than once a week.
- I eat chocolate and/or biscuits less than once a week.
- I meat pies, pasties or sausage rolls, pizza's less than once a forthnight.
- I eat processed meats ( salami, sausages, or deli meats ) less than once a week or always choose the low fat version.
- I eat beans or lentils ( baked beans, 3-bean mix, kidney or haricot beans ) at least once a week.
- I always choose reduced fat cheese over a regular cheese.
- I always choose low fat, or hi-lo or skim milk.
- I drink ( alchohol ) more than: 4 standard drinks ( male ) 2 standard drinks ( female ) or no more than 5 days a week.
- I eat fried, battered, or crumbed foods less than once a forthnight.
- I use only small amount of olive or canola oil based margarine on my bread.
- I eat fish once a week.
- On a typical day I eat at least 2-3 cups of vegetables.
- I choose high fiber foods, such as grainy breads and high fiber breakfast cereals ( all bran, untoasted muesli, or porridge ).
- I always trim the skin of the chicken and the fat off a chop or piece of steak before I cook it.
- I donot add salt to my food or cooking.
- I eat takeaway foods less than once a forthnight ( chinese, fish and chips, fried or BBQ chicken ).
- I understand and read the labels on items I buy from the supermarket.
How many statements did you place a check next to? Can you see any areas where you don't have a check and could improve your habits? Improved eating habits will help you to reduced your weight. Studies have shown that if you are overweight, a small reduction eg. 5kg, can signifiantly reduce your risk of developing diabetes. A reduction in body fats will also help you to manage your blood pressure and cholesterol.
PHYSICAL ACTIVITY BAROMETER
In this questionaire you are asked about your cuurent physical activity.
REMEMBER! Physical activity means planned exercise or an activity that lasts for at least 10 continuous minutes. It does not just refer to being "busy" or getting off the couch more often.
Think about your participation in physical activity over the last week and answer the following questions.
1. On average, how many days of the week do you participate in planned activity of moderate intensity ( faster breathing but can still have a short conversation ) eg. brisk walking, bike riding, swimming, organized sport, heavy physical work, low impact aerobics?
0 days 0
0-2 days 10
3-4 days 20
5 or more days 30
2. On the days that you were physically active, what is the total amount of minutes you were active for?
I did no physical activity 0
0-9 minutes 5
10-19 minutes 10
20-29 minutes 20
30 minutes 30
more than 30 minutes 30
3. How active is your average day, whether you are at work or home?
Not very active.
( you are usually sitting at a desk, on the couch and infrequently walk ) 0
( your day involves lifting light objects and some walking ) 10
( your day regularly involves a lot of heavy lifting and extensive walking ) 15
4. What do tend to do in your leisure time?
I usually watch TV, read or keep busy and am
otherwise not very physically active.. 0
I sometimes watch TV, read or keep busy but I am
also sometimes physically active.. 5
I rarely watch TV or sit around. I often active with my family
or friends, work in the garden or do some type of moderate intensity
physical activity.. 10
On how many days of the week did you use walking or riding a bike for transport to and from work, to do errands or to go from place to place? ( only include walking or riding that you did for at least 10 minutes ) ?
0 days 0
1-2 days 5
3-5 days 10
6-7 days 15
Sunday, August 31, 2008
Friday, August 29, 2008
I took his vital signs and had him take a seat, knowing it would be an hour before someone would be able to see him. I saw him looking at his watch and decided, since I was not busy with another patient, I would evaluate his wound. On exam, it was well healed, so I talked to one of the doctor,got the needed supplies to remove his stitches and redress his wound.
While taking care of his wound, I asked him if he had another doctor's appoinment this morning, as he was such in a hurry.
The gentleman told me no, that he needed to go to the nursing home to eat breakfast with his wife. I inquired as to her health.
He told me that SHE HAD BEEN THERE FOR A WHILE AND THAT SHE WAS A VICTIM OF ALZHEIMER'S DISEASE.
As we talked, I asked him if she would be upset if he was a bit late.
He replied that she no longer knew who he was, that she had not recognized him in five years now.
I was surprised, and asked him " And you still go every morning, even though she doesn't know who you are? "
He smiled as he patted my hand and said.....
SHE DOESN'T KNOW ME, BUT I STILL KNOW WHO SHE IS.
I had to hold back tears as he left, I had goose bumps on my arm, and thought,
That is the kind of love I want in my life.
True love is neither physical, nor romantic.
TRUE LOVE IS AN ACCEPTANCE OF ALL THAT IS, HAS BEEN, WILL BE, AND WILL NOT BE.
With all the jokes and fun that are in there sometimes, there is one that comes along that has important message. This one I thought I could share with you.
The happiest people don't necessarily have the best of everything; they just make the best of everything they have.
I hope you share this with someone you careabout. I just did.
LIFE ISN'T ABOUT HOW TO SURVIVE THE STORM, BUT HOW TO DANCE IN THE RAIN....